Friday, September 19, 2008

Terms Your Hair Stylist May Use

I have noticed over the years that clients get terms we use as Stylists mixed up, which is not the clients fault at all. Nor is it the Stylists fault.

(Please click directly on this article for an UP CLOSE view of what it says....thank you)




Instead of argue about who should know what - when - and "why" . . . how about I throw this very cool list out to you about Hair "cutting" terms - - - although I find it is missing the most misunderstood term of all.

Tapering.

Most clients think that when you cut the hair surrounding the face as in this photo, that it is called "layers"...at least that is what I get here on the WEST COAST of the USA. See how her hair is tapered around the shape of her face ?
Its called "tapering".

Layers are when you cut into the entire head of hair giving you multi-lengths - instead of one length. This model also has Layers - as well as Tapering.

I've often felt that layers were developed for clients that have long hair and they don't want to cut it, but they want a change.
I find most clients find "layers" a lot more work, than one length hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment