Saturday, May 8, 2010

BLOND.TOURAGE : a Group of Perfectly Toned – Cool Blonde's

New Wonder Product : How To Accomplish

A little humor for the day

Killer2103  Very little excites me in this industry anymore, but yesterday it happened multiple times and am thrilled to be introducing to KS new products over the next couple weeks. Yep, I actually said ‘thrilled’. Not only did I find one, I found 5-6  completely new lines that have new technology that surpasses A N Y T H I N G --  I have ever used – these are exactly what I was looking for when I went to the LA Hair Show…exactly.  Nothing like this was there.

0009sidenn

I’m waiting for my initial shipment. . .I have been absolutely shocked/thrilled with the results of all my Strand Tests using these new companies. The new Color Line, - - has some unique healthy and gorgeous tonal categories.

Meanwhile back at the Corral . . . while we wait for that to show uP.

I was introduced to an absolutely incredible new Blonding product from Wella ; and that is what today’s post is regarding. This is something I and many of my Colorist friends thought of 9 years ago when MAGMA was introduced to us. MAGMA being the only Bleach/tone in 1 Step any of us had ever seen worked – and worked well. I’m not sure how many of you have heard of it or tried it ( Link to MAGMA in KillerStrands Store ………………but MAGMA is 12 colors of tinted lightener powder (bleach), that was originally intended for the Hispanic community – but ended up working well for everyone. I immediately began using it for my hard-to-Lift clients – one of the colors is always in my arsenal…as it tones dark hair’ <> while lightening …….getting rid of annoying oranges/gold/brass like a champ. Its just the BOMB! One of the best “pros” to MAGMA ?  It is a bleach so it can

  • remove color
  • lighten   &
  • Tone

all in 1 STEP     Cool?     I think so

IMG_1825 Well, what they did and what we all thought of 9 years ago was to make a BLONDOR-MAGMA….in other words a Platinum – Magma that would work on Level 1 through 8. The great bonus to this new Blondor? It does remove previous color, which does NOT MEAN IT IS INTENDED TO USE on the full  head-of-hair – in that manner. Absolutely not. It is made to use in foils and in foil work  - -  so the color removal is controllable, and able to be watched.

Blondor the Bleach, has won awards for (at least) the last 5 years as the #1 Bleach used by all Colorists/Stylists in the USA. Its gentle, moisturizing, yet it lifts 7 levels without damage.

IMG_1833 IMG_1835 What I hope to do is get more of you comfortable with using bleach. Lets call this BLONDOR from now on. I honestly feel the name of  “BLEACH” is what freaks people out. I mean, you know what bleach does when you accidently drop it on your clothes, you know how ‘rank’ it smells, any reference you have of bleach is a ‘bad’ one - - no one knows that the chemical in this lightener powder has nothing to do with the bleach of those origins. It is a completely different chemical make-up and is a completely different bleach than one uses in the washing machine. All Colorists I know believe Bleach is the single handiest, most versatile tool in the Colorists arsenal. I hope many of you will begin playing around with it….testing it. I’m in the process of trying to find some reasonably prices hair swatches . . to include  with purchase in the very near future. For now I will be sending one swatch of a level 6-7 hair that I have, with purchase. This product is superb it claims 7 levels of Lift which I actually had no problem with reaching.

What I have put together are some BLONDOR TESTER PACKETS. Which will include 3 oz of the new BLONDOR  and a hair swatch, for you to run a Strand Test

Practice takes Fear Away

Repetition   Removes ..FEAR

In addition to the powder they have also added a Soft Blonde Creame for gentle lightening. As I’ve said many times before when working on damaged hair, I will mix 1/2 cream and 1/2 powder….for gentleness ( always preceded by GLEAM – remember there is not one oil on the market place with the amount of Vitamin E that Gleam has - - Vitamin E must be formulated in a certain way to benefit the hair)

IMG_1821

When you are applying Blondor, remember to mix small batches - - -  the first batch you will use with 20 Volume . . . the last will be with 40 Volume             .. so they all are completed their processing at the same time.. Just like cooking a big Thanksgiving meal and wanting all the different parts of it to be finished cooking at the same time. So the entire dinner is warm and ready to eat at the exact same time.     IMG_1814          

Always – Always……..apply GLEAM before Blondor application . . just love love love the results.

Killer2133

So for the first month with purchase of 1 Blondor, you will receive 1 human hair short extension to test it on.

IMG_1818

I’m one of the few who do NOT recommend heat with bleach , for ANY reason. There is no reason to use it….it may speed the processing up  - -  but it is not made to be used with heat. When heat is used with bleach – you will get damaged hair.  Damage does not come from using bleach properly . . . look at Gwen, look at Reece, look at any blond in the film/TV biz….Their hair is not damaged. WHY??  They follow 10,000HEADS or some metamorphosis of it – they use a top Colorist – who doesn’t use heat, uses Gleam (or substitute) all the rules you now have at your fingertips.

Killer Chemist

1 comment:

  1. can you use this on regrouth hair? i have blonde hair but i have black roots i need to cover them .. what do you think please.??

    ReplyDelete