Thursday, June 24, 2010

Down-Under Product Line Hits KillerSTRANDS : both Shampoos and Hair Styling = Stellar

KEVIN MURPHY

IMG_0098

Kevin Murphy hair products were developed because as an editorial hair stylist he (like I) was unsatisfied with what was out there. The products are heavy, greasy, and not nearly in touch with how the hair should be cared for. Kevin is also (as am I)  into giving hairdressing a 'greener' face by creating a line that uses natural, organic ingredients. I have been trying to carry his products since first using his wonderful first attempt at a Beach Salt Spray 15 years ago. I have kept my eye on him and his line ever since.

IMG_0050 IMG_0078

The problems came with his line being made in Australia (his home) and having no distribution here. Lately, I have been chomping at the bit to bring in 1 full dynamite line for you, 1 complete line that fully meets my standards  - - - I have hit the Goldmine with KM products, every single one are up to my standards. So I sat down one day and just started calling and emailing { I decided I wasn't going to stop till I spoke to someone and got this line}  I finally reached his office in Australia who then connected me to a REP here in California, he finally decided to be represented in the States by a host of Beauty
Representatives, a little xtra effort worked.

This is it, it truly is. . . . he is known for his styling products and they all superb . . although his shampoos are his newest adventure and I was just praying they were up to the standards of the styling agents ( usually a company can master one and not the other?? ! ? ) IMG_0167

 

SO............ I personally and 11 of us have been using them for 2 months. They are now my number 1 recommendation as far as all the shampoos we carry . . . a bit pricier - yes. . . BUT, you only need a tiny bit to make a huge amount of lather. E X C E L L E N T is how I sum the line up - couldn't be happier. All KM products are just awesome and here are some of their positive points:

  • scent & vitamin power
  • shape of bottles (square) use 40% less plastic, yet holds more product (less waste in landfills)
  • they make a contribution towards global carbon pollution with every sale
  • www.kevinmurphy.com.au to find out how they really make a difference
  • I respect any company that goes above and beyond and not only thinks of profits and sales + the quality of the products are king-of-the-crop

Today I have added his version of the summers biggest hit: DRY SHAMPOO

FRESH HAIR - Dry shampoo

Kevin's Dry Shampoo Spray is the king of the crop. 

IMG_0056

He is a styling master, plus I am so impressed to see a nice large size for a reasonable price. Dry shampoos give the hair body and the look of freshly washed hair. The reason these have had such a resurgence in popularity is because most are using them to give a dry matted Volume to the hair. ALTHOUGH, everyone with Oily hair, or those of you who must get off of the horrific idea that you need to shampoo your hair every day, can use this to get you through the detox period. No one should shampoo your hair everyday. NO ONE. Here is your answer if you do. Your hair will go through a detox period ( approx. 2 weeks) and then you can shampoo 3 times a week - MAX.

A nice big can of the best Dry Shampoo on the market . . . for a very decent price...

Killer Chemist

No comments:

Post a Comment