Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The End is Split, My Dear.

Split Ends and The Tricks

I'm going to start writing shorter posts, here and there, on shorter subjects that I wouldn't write about previously because I thought there was enough info on it. . .I must stop worrying about that

sb10068424v-001

Split Ends

Now this is a subject there is NOT a lot of info on - there truly isn't. I have seen a few commercials that would have you believe shampoo can prevent split ends, I had to put my 2 cents in on that. The only way to deal with them is too cut the damn things off . There is this silly commercial that says split ends can be taken care of by shampoo . Shampoo is on your hair for what a minute - maybe - MAX ? Something on your hair for a minute cannot solve a whole lotta anything, do not fall for that type of thing........ ever.

Split ends occur, when the protective layer of the cuticle is removed from the tip of the strand. As a result, the hair splits into two or three strands, each two to three centimeters long, at its tip.

Some of the causes of split ends?

  • not getting haircut
  • hair being cut with a razor
  • having fine hair
  • constant electrical tool use
  • putting hair back with damaging elastics
  • brushing hair wet

The ways to prevent split ends? Get your hair trimmed regularly, by regularly I mean ...every 6-8 weeks for shorter hair - every 10-12 weeks for long hair. With the way split ends are formed, I had certain clients that just had them way more than others. I started with an oil treatment of a couple fine oils back then . . . and now I use GLEAM , Killer Strands own OIL treatment, the results are spectacular. I have been using exotic oil treatments since I began working on hair, exotic oils work such wonders on hair you just will never know until you try them. (You are able to purchase GLEAM, on the side bar)getty882

You need to cut split ends off as soon as you notice them . . . they will just keep splitting up the hair strand and if you didn't want your hair cut before you are going to be super sad when it continues splitting up that strand shorter and shorter. Think about your regular maintenance routine and try to identify why your hair is splitting. Hopefully you will notice what is the reason, the list is pretty defining.

No comments:

Post a Comment