Thursday, April 9, 2009

Number 1 Shampoo in the Land of Bubbles & Sulfate-Free


I would imagine most consumers think there are constant changes going on in shampoos, from all the wacky commercials on the tube. Frankly, within the chemistry make-up and formulation ends they have not changed that much in the last 30 years...in my eyes, that is not a good thing. About a month ago I made a few calls to some of the major shampoo manufacturers in the USA to see what they had to say about the biggest changes  within their up coming shampoo releases.

This was the best news I have heard in a very very long time. They all said the same thing: "Sulfate-Free" is their number 1 Red Flag. Which has been a knife in my side now for at least 4 years . . . .
So rejoice . . they have finally heard the complaints and bitching I and many of my stylist compadres have unleashed on the world! I'm not going to complain about the time it took . . . at least "it took". That is a very good thing.

I cannot completely prove that SLS or Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is a 100% cause of all the hair loss and hair thinning in women of late....because I still feel from all my research that it is because of the synergistic effect of any one of, or combination of ... of the 10 steps of 10,000 HEADS. 



But when you open the top of a simple small jar of SLS and the inside of your nose,eyes and lungs BURN  from 1 tiny inhale.....SOMETHING IS DRASTICALLY WRONG ... who in their right mind would put that on the hair and hair follicles...??? wow that subject infuriates me...and always will. Stay away from SLS, become accustom to reading labels please....just like you do for your food. You have to learn to protect yourself...there are so many millions of products on the market now that it is not even realistic to think that our government could keep control over that entire industry. We can't even keep Terrorists out of the country that are trying to kill us with guns and 747 Airplanes !



When I finally came upon a Stylist named John Masters out of New York and read his history I was relieved. For the past 5 years my specialty within the world of cosmetic Chemistry was Hair "conditioners"...you want to choose one category and hone in on it, which makes you very good at your specialty. It reminds me of both my history in the Stunt business & in Hair: having specialties in both worlds. My specialties were Cars, Fire, Flying and anything on the water...falling off of 100 foot buildings was something I just did not like!). 


Anyway when I figured out that Masters had aced shampoos I began using his and my conditioners...for the absolute perfect combination. His Shampoos rock. They are not all pretty pink and foo-foo la bamba....they are the color they should be and scented with the correct essential oils that have been proven to help hair growth and various hair issues. HE DID HIS HOMEWORK, what a relief. He also started the same way I did... in a lab in his kitchen...ever had a home made cake or pie? Versus a cake or pie bought at the grocery store or market? That is the same difference in his shampoos and my conditioners from the others on the market.



I have made it possible for those of you that would like to try the products that I use and swear by to purchase them....its an unusual array - but am confidant that once you try them you will agree.
The button will take you through the secure process of purchasing the products through PAYPAL, who after much research, I discovered have incredible encryption and security.
 
Lets give it a whirl.


Evening Primrose SHAMPOO
FOR NORMAL HAIR
Evening primrose oil combined with 7 proteins & amino acids, 10 certified-organic extracts, and 11 certified-organic plant oils work to hydrate and soften dry hair. Gently cleans with decyl glucoside, a mild sudsing agent certified for its eco-clean production. Does not contain sodium lauryl sulfate. Safe for color-treated hair. 8 fl oz.
$16.00 
+
  8.95 shipping 





No comments:

Post a Comment