Wednesday, August 22, 2007

1st COLOR FORMULATION - explanation



you are a level 4 brown..... and want to be a level 7....blond.
The difference between the level you are at... and the level you want hypothetically be is 3 levels.....
if you use a level 7 color will you achieve the desired result?

NO NO NO! You must use a color that accounts for the difference between your natural level and the level you want to be...
A level 10 color is the correct choice....however using as level 10 which contains only pale yellow dyes, will not keep the orange in a level 7 from showing through. I would use a Level 10 Neutral/Ash/Matt.....in the line I use I have dozens of tones.....and that's why i like it.. I would mix equal parts of 10N with 10M with 10 A.... and that brassiness would be eliminated. If needed it can be toned with a semi perm ASH BROWN....which will also
kill that brassiness.

Please take a look at FIGURE 2.4....this chart should be printed out -- keep it next to where ever you are keeping your color. Its a very handy little chart...I had to memorize all of this from trial and error it was not nearly this organized....back in the day!!

Lucky You......

Lots of you are writing me and I am very pleased with how well some of you are absorbing the material......and asking me "proper" questions.
I guess this was a good idea.
Some are quoting the LEVELS like an old Pro - very refreshing to hear....know that it inspires me and moves me that you are interested enough to try to learn this - - - its not easy -- I take that back.....it IS EASY; its just very 'foreign' to most......and has never been done out in "public" before.
so Thank you...
I hope to keep going, get better and for sure > more organized.
KC

No comments:

Post a Comment